Re: [seul-edu] ISO--autopackage for an installer?

Another source for creating packages would be a package called checkinstall.
Look it up on Freshmeat, I don't remember the url, but it's a handy tool.
Basically you take the source, configure it, make it, and then instead of using
make install you run checkinstall.  That will allow you to build RPMs, DEBs,
and Slackpacks.

As far as apt goes, building a repository is not that difficult and it's
possible to do on a CD.  That lets you use the same tool for both RPMs and
DEBs, I don't know about Slackware.  It's pretty distribution dependant but it
wouldn't be that difficult to use one RPM for all distributions.
Chris Tooley
http://www.thetooleys.org