Re: [seul-edu] wikis in education (was: SEUL/edu wiki test)

Bruno Vernier wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 09:23:01AM +0000, Gunnar Stefansson wrote:
>
> > Being rather short-sighted, dim-witted, new to wikis and interested in
> > a specific topic (computers in education), I have some concerns about
> > this whole wiki- and zope- business in education.
>
> Thank you for expressing your doubts and concerns.  I hope/think/expect
> that as a result of the conversation/debate/discussion that follows,
> we will deepen our thinking about linux/internet/web based education
> and possibly modify our products to suit.

I want to weigh in on this thread.  The use I'm investigating for a wiki isn't to
use one directly in education, but to use one for the collaborative work that
SEUL/edu does, or could do.  As such, this isn't so much about programmed learning
outcomes as it is about joint creativity.  These are two very different goals, I
think.  It looks to me as though a wiki could be very useful for the latter; I
haven't thought too much about the former (although I'm very sure Bruno has).

--
Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid