Re: [seul-edu] REVISED Seul Index Fields

Les Richardson wrote:

> 8) AuthorMail           char(255),  (to automate e-mail contact)
>
> What more is required? (Remembering that someone has to enter
> this information.... so lets keep it short.)

Actually, do we want this on the publicly available database?  This
info should be available on the actual sites for each application,
which might be where it's best to leave it.  If people can read our
short descriptions and then click on a mailto: link to send email
directly to a contact, that might cause an aggravating number of
simple questions that could have been answered if the user had just
gone to the actual site for the program.

Of course we need to maintain this info for our own purposes, such
as to keep the links accurate and up-to-date.  I don't know that we
want to show it to the world, though.

--
Doug Loss                 Always do right.  This
Data Network Coordinator  will gratify some people