Minneapolis IETF

Hi Doug, Bruno, etc...

I'll be at the coming IETF meet.  I noticed the following on the
agenda, which may interest you:

	Networks in the Small (Home Networks) BOF (nits)

Would you like me to go look see and let you guys know what I find?

More info is at http://www.ietf.org/ietf/99mar/nits-agenda-99mar.txt
and http://www.ietf.org/meetings/wg_agenda_minneapolis.html.

Small extract from web page:

 Monday, March 15 at 1530-1730
 =============================

 Chairs: Peter Ford <peterf@microsoft.com>
	 Stuart Cheshire <cheshire@apple.com>

   Small networks operate with a variety of protocols today including
   AppleTalk, IPX and Netbios. As the industry moves to IP
   infrastructure we will need to provide for similar functionality
   such as pure ease of configuration and operation for the IP
   protocol suite. To that end we need to to perform service location,
   name resolution and other network configuration (such as IPv4
   address assignment) in such networks. There are several individual
   proposals on the table for parts of a potential solution, but we
   need to look at this from a more holistic perspective to insure
   great interoperability in small nets such as IP based SOHO LANs.