Re: EDUML (Dr. Geo)

Bruno Vernier wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 22, 1999 at 09:21:50PM +0800, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> > I will definitively use an xml format.
> > When I will have finish the GTK port I will start desinging a DTD for Dr
> > Geo
>
> The first step, I think, is to propose (expose) a list of elements needed for
> Dr. Geo data and incorporate/merge/harmonize that into/with EDUML

Hilaire, Bruno, I think this is a very important step.  This will give
us an example and some experience with converting data from a non-XML
program into EDUML, and also with converting a non-XML program into one
that uses EDUML as its data structure.  If I may, I'd like to advise
doing this in two steps: first, create the data-conversion code.  This
will both give us an example of how that can be done and define the
appropriate EDUML elements to use for Dr Geo data.  Second, convert Dr
Geo to save data directly in the previously-defined EDUML elements.  I
suspect that won't be a big problem; having the proper elements defined
will be most of it.

--
Doug Loss                 A life spent making mistakes is not only
Data Network Coordinator  more honorable, but more useful than a