[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Debian and SEUL
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On 03-Mar-98 Randy Heineke wrote:
- -> Dear fellow SEUL leaders,
- -> Let us not be to hasty or harsh with Debian. I do not feel betrayed or
- -> used by Debian. We should not be too eager to burn bridges with anyone.
- -> We should not be too upset when another orginazation tries to utilize
- -> our resources for their purposes when our purposes may not be clearly
- -> understood.
There's nothing wrong with utilizing resources. He straight out tried to steal
SEUL's developers. A HUGE difference. Unacceptable!
- -> As far as I can see Debian has/had two things going for it
- -> 1. Willingness to keep us abreast on the distribution releases.
Not true. As pointed out in my post. He had a new group working on,
installation I believe, and never bothered to tell us until they were in the
final stages after a month and he dissolved the "cooperative" effort.
All we've been aware of in Debian is what can be gotten on the users lists and
the web page, nothing more.
- -> 2. Packages that allow checking into package dependencies before
- -> downloading.
We can still use this or anything else we want.
- -> long way off at best. Besides I would feel that SEUL would some how be
- -> tarnished if it began paying people more than Linus Torvalds makes for
- -> his Linux work.
As Bruce is going to tarnish Debian and Linux in General.
E-Mail: Cyberdyn@seul.org Date: 03-Mar-98 Time: 17:25:13
Maybe you can't buy happiness, but these days you can certainly charge it.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
SEUL-Leaders list, firstname.lastname@example.org