SEUL: Would this be helpful?

As soon as Bruce Perens finishes with the Debian 2.0 boot disks, I intend
to start building a base configuration for seul if nobody else is working
on it.  This is intended to be for demonstration and proof-of-concept
purposes only.

Here is what I intend to do ...

1) Include the 5-disk debian base system.  This is a minimal system
allowing the "bootstrapping" of the rest of the installation via FTP.

2) Create an FTP archive. Create four main sections ... base, options,
non-free, contrib

3) Modify the Packages and pare the default install status file to the
bone at first and build them up as packages are approved.

4) Begin presenting on a regular basis groups of 10 packages at a time to
the project list for discussion on approval for inclusion in the
distribution.  Everything will be in options at first and only brought
into base and added to the install status file as it is approved.

I am hoping that this will get the ball rolling on at least having some
kind of a seed from which to start growing the distribution core. I
NOT a control freak and anyone may have this ... I am simply trying to
start getting some work done.

I think it is important to base it on 2.0 since it will avoid a tricky
upgrade from libc5. Most of the install with be straightforward default
debian with the exception of running of a script after the install to
copy a new status file into place and set the default FTP directory.

George Bonser
http://www.debian.org