Re: SEUL: Is there a user for S.E.U.L.?

Demian Rootring wrote:

> Absolutely, I think there will be a lot more Linux-developers if there
> would be an easy to use programming tool for Linux like VB (but then
> with a beter compiler). If there would be such a tool, many schools

I *hope* it has a better compiler!  VB is pathetic!!!

I was thinking maybe it could just translate VB-compatible code the user
rights to C++ and use GCC.  It would be a clunky solution and somewhat
slow, but it would be much easier to right than a native compiler.

I was also thinking that it should have some standard interface to hook
up with applications, much like M$'s VBA (except better, because with
M$, you have to have Visual Basic for standalone apps AND Office VBA to
program macros...this should have one environment for everything)

Oh, the sweet thoughts.....if we could get a few hundred people on this,
we would ROCK MICROSOFT!  But alas, not really on topic here.  Perhaps
after I finish my stupid technical writing report, I'll attempt to
mention this in a newsgroup and see if I can get some support for this.

> That software will come if there would be easy to use programming tools,
> like VB/Delphi...

Yes, and it would be an ideal tool in which to write much of SEUL,
including my software.seul.org install client idea.