Re: [tor-relays] Request for help - Tor legal FAQ

Hi,

On 07.04.2011 06:14, Marcia Hofmann wrote:
>> There are a lot of electronic freedom organizations in other countries, many
>> of which have the legal resources to help with the FAQ. Might it be valuable
>> to partner with some of those organizations, in creating a more
>> international FAQ?
> Ideally, those organizations should develop FAQs that are specific to
> their own countries' laws. They are welcome to use our FAQ as a starting
> point -- hopefully they'll even improve on what we've done -- and we'd
> be happy to link to those FAQs.

The most relevant law for Tor routers in Germany (or owned by Germans)
is the Telemediengesetz (telemedia law), specifically

§15: clearly prohibits to keep any user identifiable and usage data
unless required for billing purposes
http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/tmg/__15.html

§8: equivalent to DMCA 512; there is no liability for services that (a)
do not initiate the the transfer (b) does not select the recipient and
(c) does not select or alter the content.
http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/tmg/__8.html

It would be nice to at least list those paragraphs in a section for
Germany, and equally collect similar laws for other countries. You don't
need a lawyer to locate such laws.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/