Re: gEDA-user: gschem: How to connect two nets from different sheet

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 11:40 PM, John Doty <jpd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Oct 8, 2008, at 2:25 PM, Stefan Salewski wrote:
>
>> Am Dienstag, den 07.10.2008, 13:05 -0600 schrieb John Doty:
>>>
>>> Your problem is that you're trying to hang two names on one net.
>>> There is no support for this, and no definition of what should happen
>>> if you try.
>>>

>> Seems that direct connection of a power-symbol (net=+3.3V:1) and a
>> io-symbol (net=RAM_HIGH:1) gives similar problems, no connection is
>> generated
>>

> Another case occurs in hierarchy: suppose two pins are directly
> connected through the circuit specified by "source=". The higher
> level nets on those pins won't be connected.
>
> But the question is, how should this work?

Maybe there should be "aliases" for the nets?
I don't know how is it handled in other EDA systems...

If I connect two nets with different names one gets renamed (message:
"Found duplicate net name, renaming [DATA_IN1] to
[DATA_OUT2]").
If aliases were available, just an alias should be created.
--
Wojtek Zabolotny
wzab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx