Re: gEDA-user: center "grip" was Re: PCB a bad name ?

Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 21:00:40 +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:

You mean "grips" at the end of tracks when you hover over them?

Exactly :-)
Next step would be an additional grip in the middle of the track. Drag this grip to keep the ends of the track in place and move the
two legs like a rubber band. This leaves you with an additional corner in the track. I used this feature with protel all the time.

That would be like the insert point tool.
Use all-direction lines mode if you want to bend the lines at any arbitrary angle.

All this is to say that the capability exists now although it does require a keystroke to change the tool first.
I can see where grabbing at a grip point makes the interface a bit faster.