Re: gEDA-user: Milling channels in a PCB?

On 9/22/06, Dan McMahill <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Stuart Brorson wrote:
> Thanks to everybody for their info about milling PCBs.  I think my
> best chance is to just buy two-sided metal clad PCB from Radio Shack
> (or from Boston's equivalent, "You Blew It Electronics"), do my own
> etching, and have it milled at a shop.  Taking it to a PCB house may
> cost more than I want to spend on this little project.

You mean "You Screw Us Electonics" ;)  I seem to recall their prices
were less than optimal for the customer.

You're better off at the Shack.

Ahh the good old days of Eli Hefron & Sons where you could get things
like copper clad and a huge bag of 600 V orange capacitors that you can
carry around for 20 years :)

All of those places are gone. The Electronics Superstore in Woburn has been closed for a while. There was an Active Electronics in Woburn that closed 4-5 years ago.

The only thing that's left is the MIT Flea Market.

http://web.mit.edu/w1mx/www/swapfest.html

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org