Re: New Tileset, the second

On 24.01.2005 20:36, Matthias Grimm wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:42:02 +0000
> Jens Granseuer <jensgr@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Also, concerning the last tile in the file, combining "forbidden"
> > with other terrain is rather pointless. In fact, now that I think
> > about it, the "forbidden" type should probably be removed
> > altogether. You get the same effect when you don't declare any
> > terrain at all...
>
> Didn't know what I did excactly here :-) No vehicle should be able
> to enter the tile and I didn't know how to do this exactly. I thought
> the terrain option is mandatory, isn't it?

Could be that it is right now. I am going to change that.

> > The mountains are really starting to look good. If you manage to
> > improve them a little more it would be great if you could do some
> > for the default set as well.
>
> What in detail is wrong with the mountains?

I was speaking about the multi-tile mountain in particular. It's
hard to pin down, it just feels a little odd. I'm not sure what it
is but it might be the snowcap. It's very long but very thin.

> The single mountain has two peaks and I will change that to a single
> peak. Also a very big mountain is planned (7 Tiles).

Speaking of big mountains, Battle Isle had a great one, and I was
always hoping we'd get such a monster, too. It consisted of 9 tiles
(1 summit, and the surrounding 8 for the base) and you could put the
edges of the base together to make a smaller mountain of 4 tiles.
Terrific!

> In this context
> you could think a bit about the possibility to place a multi-tile in once
> in comet.

I have thought about it already, but I haven't come up with anything
useful, yet. I don't really want to put that info into the tileset
because it's absolutely useless for crimson, but I don't want to have
an extra file for comet, either... Maybe it becomes clearer when (if)
we get an additional layer for roads and stuff.

> I picked the color for the shallow water from a holiday picture of a dream
> beach. If it looked chemical the tourists would have a problem. :-)

Hm, yeah, probably. Maybe it's just that it doesn't work well with the
other water tiles.

Jens