Re: Multi-hex units

On 20.10.2004 20:31, Patrick Forhan wrote:
Quoting Jens Granseuer <jensgr@gmx.net>:
> [...] so a battleship won't feel much different
> from a single-hex unit.

Well, specifically, I'm trying to imagine turning.  How do I move just one of my
two hexes?  How do I specify final orientation at the target move location?  I
guess you could do some sort of hex-outlining that gives a hint at the final
location and orientation, before a click.  And perhaps a Tetris-style "rotate"
function could let you hit a key to change orientation.
I suspect that in the vast majority of cases it's not going to be an issue.
I'd like to try without any special provisions first. The second hex simply
follows the first and ends up where it ends up. I'm not sure that turning etc.
is really necessary (and IIRC Battle Isle didn't allow it either). Simple is nice.

It just seems like moving a two-hex unit is going to be more tricky than a
simple one-hexer.
That much is for sure.

Jens