Re: [f-cpu] F-CPU architecture...

Hi!

woodelf wrote:

[threadlet stuff]
I was just reading Knuth's "Art of computer programing" that sounds like
Coroutines to me.

As far as I remember, coroutines can give up control (that is, suspend themselves) and later resume. And, like threads, they have private local memory. Threadlets, on the other hand, have no local memory (not even local registers) and stop only when they terminate.

I think by the time he updates his books from 1960's
era of computing to something new we still will be looking at 1990's era
of computing.

Writing books takes some time. :-)

--
Michael "Tired" Riepe <michael@xxxxxxxx>