(FC-Devel) Action semantics (Was: What is happening with FreeCase ?)

Hi Chris, hi all.

[chris]
>> >Can you run UML models?
>> >Action semantics were still being worked out last I
>> >heard.
[andreas]
> > My only
> > resource so far is an (non OMG related) paper on this:
> >
> > well-specified actions for UML models
> > http://www.projtech.com/pubs/uml98.html

To me this seems a refinement, a proposed UMLextension
to make the action semantics platform independent.

The basics are allready there, as I thought had pointed
out a few days ago in
http://www.seul.org/archives/freecase/devel/Feb-1999/msg00037.html

(Nice thread, there)

> I suggest taking the property "active" for that.
> This property, denoted by thick lines around
> the object, means that the object gets a thread of control.

Don't take my word for it. Take a look at

http://www.rational.com/uml/resources/documentation/notation/notation8a.jtmpl#8.8?borschtid=86071099051975803527

and

http://www.softdocwiz.com/UML.htm#ActiveClass

I think the UML as it is, is far to rich to implement
in one blow. So for what we need in a FC-0.0.1-tgz I
think current UML action semantics are adequate.

Or am I missing the point here?
Please explain.

====
Diplomacy is saying "nice doggy" until you find a rock