RE: gEDA-user: simulation advice

I've also seen .cpp for this, though that might be more common on
windows-based tools (I know it's not just M$).

> Even so, case-sensitive filesystems have one thing that
> case-insensitive filesystems lack: virtually automatic
> support for UTF-8-encoded names with an absolute minimum of
> code to do it.  It can implement this with dumb byte-by-byte
> comparisons.  Either a chunk of memory matches, or it doesn't.

That's a really good argument for case-sensitive file systems, and is the
first one I've seen.  That's not to say there aren't others, but that's the
first one I've seen specifically described.  Thanks for pointing this out.

> I agree that case preservation is a good thing; however, a
> full case-insensitive implementation is not worth the time
> investment to "Get It Right For Everyone."(tm)

I can imagine!

Dave