Re: gEDA-user: 4-bit_12-LED.png (PNG Image, 1024x768 pixels)

On 4/10/07, Ryan Seal <rseal@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A wire jump tells the reader _explicitely_ "Here are two wires > crossing". Two lines just crossing may trigger the question: "Are > these lines connected or not?". And a junction (circle or dot) doesn't do this???

A solder dot does _explicitely_ tell the reader that there is a connection. The lack of a solder dot does not explicitely tell you that there is a crossing as you can have two T-connections look like an X-connection in your schematic viewer but the netlist (and pcb) will show you something else). A wire jump shows an explicite crossing. I think there must be some kind of misconseption of the use of the words explicite and implicite in my original post. Sorry for that.

--
Svenn