Re: gEDA-user: 4-bit_12-LED.png (PNG Image, 1024x768 pixels)

On 4/10/07, ldoolitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <ldoolitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Svenn -

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 05:54:19PM +0200, Svenn Are Bjerkem wrote:
> A wire jump tells the reader _explicitely_ "Here are two wires
> crossing". [chop]  When
> they _are_ automagically generated, like in Visio, I tend to use them
> as there are no questions like "do those lines cross or are they
> connected?" during presentations.

So, are you volunteering to add crossing jumps to gschem?

Since when is the offering of opinions on a mailing list the same as stepping up as a volunteer?

It should be a change to the drawing engine only, and a
(default off) setting in the GUI.  That way you can see
the drawing with or without jumps, but the connectivity
of the circuit and its rendition in the file is not affected.

When you say so. I never really picked up programming in gEDA as they started off with literal programming. I got thrown off the marry-go-round and haven't tried to get back on.

Unix tools have a history of providing mechanism, not setting policy.

What is your definition of a "unix tool"? I think that has to be made clear first.

--
Svenn