Re: gEDA-user: Split ground planes and zero ohm jumpers

On 04/08/2011 11:44 AM, Russell Dill wrote:
I'm not sure if it could be done simpler, but for a special copper
trace that connects two planes, you would do DRC twice, one time
ignoring between the trace and plane A, and another between the trace
and plane B.

That is a method consistent with complex designs and wanting a "pilot checklist"
of to dos before sending it to the fab.  The bigger the layout,
the more it compares to chip business with its "tape out" checklists and
strict methods to avoid an error.  So if you decide you need to
"do things mostly the same twice" to catch potential errors,
you begin to really need automation with a
make file (or a GUI front end to make), or it becomes a drag to do your method.

Do we have a way to make a zero Ohm "two terminal" footprint with some copper inside,
or pad overlap, that connects the pads and fits with the pcb program?
I can't remember for sure, but think not...
Another way to say that is, can we have footprint
numbered pads of different number that touch?

John
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX