Re: gEDA-user: RFC using SVG with semantic markup as an EDA format

> TBH, I've not seen SVG anywhere on the main-stream internet. Linux
> desktops use SVG a lot for desktop graphics, but it really isn't as
> prevalent as it should be.

The latest version of every major Desktop/Mobile browser's support is
good enough for what we want to do. Support across the web (as in
random people arriving at your site) is approaching 50%. Lots of AJAX
web apps now use SVG for charting etc.

It's a done deal, SVG is the standard for 2D vector graphics for the
next x years.

@Kai, Chrome actually renders SVG inside an image tag to my delight!

Anyway I'm going to stop talking about this and go and write some code now! haha

@Peter, not sure if you got my email but definitely up for meeting,
let me know when's good for you.

Andrew