Re: gEDA-user: RFC using SVG with semantic markup as an EDA format

On Mon, 2011-04-11 at 20:55 +0200, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> Peter Clifton wrote:

> > What excuse is there for OpenOffice / LibreOffice being so appallingly
> > bad at working with SVG files?
>
> Actually, SVG import is among the first features of libreoffice beyond
> openoffice:
> http://www.libreoffice.org/download/new-features-and-fixes/

The last time I tried it, support wasn't very good. Things might have
changed though, so I guess it is worth me trying again.

> The number one open source vector drawing application, inkscape uses SVG
> as its native file format. This alone would be reason enough to seriously
> consider SVG as an import/export file format.

Heck, I know Windows users who love Inkscape. I don't think there is
anything available which is remotely comparable which doesn't cost
serious money. Inkscape is awesomeness.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,