Re: gEDA-user: Re: New features in gattrib

My thought was that it would be a .gattrib.sav file living in teh
local directory.  Assuming that users have separate directories for
different projects, this would work fine.

Yeah, it's a toss-up between "one per project, so put it in the .sch" and "multiple pages per project, need to share".

I just figured gattrib already had code for putting attributes in
schematics :-)

Ummmm, yeah. But I think I am confused now. the .gattrib.sav file I am referring to would just hold settings relevant to your gattrib session, like column widths and the like. This has nothing to do with the actual stuff held in the schematic.

One thought, though.  Perhaps the gschem file format needs some way to
hold meta information like the last gschem zoom level, the gattrib
column widths, and the like.  Is that what you mean?  It's an
interesting thought. . . .

Er, can gattrib manage project-level attributes?  I.e. not attached to
any refdes?

1. No, the attribs must be attached to a component with a refdes. (Or later a net and a pin).

2.  What kind of project-level attribute are you referring to?  Do you
mean stuff like the above meta-information?

Stuart