Re: gEDA-user: Error message when creating a SUBCKT

On Sat, 2008-08-16 at 08:56 +0200, Ludovic SMADJA wrote:
> Note I've not precised in my precedent post, I use generic schematic
> with slot (without slot, it's working well, and custom symbol with
> slot is working well).
>
> Ludovic
>
> On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 8:55 AM, Ludovic SMADJA
> <ludovic.smadja@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         Yes I've followed the tutorial you linked,
>
>         gsymcheck give no errors for the sym I use (generic 7408 sym
>         provided with geda)
>
>         for drc2 check, I've already done it and the result is some
>         warning :
>         WARNING: Pin(s) with pintype 'output': U2:6
>                 are connected by net 'unnamed_net11'
>                 to pin(s) with pintype 'input/output': P6:1
>

>         WARNING: Unused slot 3 of uref U2
>         WARNING: Unused slot 4 of uref U2
>
>         I'm really lost and cannot found what's wrong in my schematic.

Without seeing it, we can't know for sure, but the warning text would
suggest that you've used only 2 out of 4 of the gate slots in your 7408.

This could cause stability problems, excess power dissipation etc..,
hence the warning. If you don't use them, put them on the schematic
anyway, and tie the inputs to some defined logic level.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,