Re: gEDA-user: wishful UI

On Mon, 2010-08-16 at 15:51 +0200, Armin Faltl wrote:

> Just to make it known, "a subnet is a point to point connection within a
> net" was the
> one and only DEFINITION of what a sub net is I found and understood. All
> other ways
> I can conceive are generalizations of that, ie. "a subnet is a list of 2
> or more pins within
> a net".

I think we should try to find a better name for the connection between
two nodes in a net, maybe segment?

>  For lists of 3 or more pins attributes like length or impedance
> don't make any sense,
> so  this appears to me a bit like sound and smoke.

Sure, there exist attributes which make sense only for traces between
two nodes. Impedance for PCB traces is independent of length, so it may
still make some sense for nets with more than 2 nodes. (Max-)Length is a
property which must be defined for nets with more than 2 nodes -- maybe
max-length means that each segment is not longer than this value, or
that point to point distance is smaller for all pairs?