Re: gEDA-user: Layer button backgrounds

   On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Andrew Poelstra <[1]asp11@xxxxxx>
   wrote:

    2. Whenever you hide a layer, the selector would jump to the

         previously-selected layer. I haven't tried it yet, but I
         think that from a user's perspective that would make the
         visibility buttons seem independent of list selection.

   This would work for hiding layers, but not making them visible.  If
   layer X is active and layer Y is invisible, how do I make layer Y
   visible without making it the active layer?  I like KMK's
   click/double-click idea if possible.
   In practice I avoid moving the mouse all the way over to the layer
   selection while doing a layout anyway, instead using my free hand on
   the number keys to select the active layer.
   Jared