Re: gEDA-user: Layer button backgrounds

On Thu, 2011-08-18 at 18:57 -0700, Andrew Poelstra wrote:

> That is how I would like it to work. But clicking the swatch
> also selects the layer, which is undesirable behavior. There
> is no clean way to prevent this with a GtkTreeView widget.

Is there any dirty way to prevent it? ;)

I note that what you are trying to achieve is similar to the GIMP layers
dialogue (with different icons), and you _can_ toggle visibility in GIMP
without changing the active layer selection.

Hmm - looks at source..

gimp/app/widgets/gimplayertreeview.c

14k-line re-implementation of gtk_tree_view.

Given GTK was originally the "GIMP TOOL KIT", it seems sad that they
have to go to such lengths to implement basic functionality.

If we are really keen on the behaviour described - perhaps we could
implement our own widget for it too.

Regards,

--
Peter Clifton