Re: gEDA-user: Foss-pcb Proposed plan from CERN

> No offense, but from all the stuff I've read from the gEDA base, various
> blog postings, and freelance how-tos, a common topic that always seems to
> come up is that with these tools and a knowledge of scripting languages, one
> can do just about anything.

There are two "camps" here.  One pushes the strengths of the toolkit
aspects of gEDA, the other pushes the ease-of-use factors.  You can
use it either way.  Most of the time when I'm using gEDA, for example,
I rarely use a terminal - everything is done with the gui.  But I have
some Makefiles that automate pushing designs out to my web server,
generating etch films, fab files, digikey orders, etc.

I did some labs at DevCon using gEDA/PCB/GerbV on Fedora, for Windows
users, and the terminal was not used *at all*.  The biggest complaint
I got was that there wasn't enough "play time" at the end :-)