Re: gEDA-user: Titleblocks: unlocking and filling in.

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:17:43 -0700, Kim Lux <lux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It would also be very nice if we could save in .jpeg.  My Windows
> friends don't know what to do with a png file.

IM(NS)HO, it would be better to convert the PNG to a .bmp file in that
case. Recent versions of Windows allow rudimentary compression in
.bmps (RLE, I think), so it's not as bad a proposition as it used to
be. Or, you can always zip the .bmp file.

Search the archives to find out what is wrong with saving schematics
as a .jpeg. It's probably better that gschem doesn't save to jpegs, as
people would then probably complain that the output doesn't scale
well, or if the quality is good, then the files are huge, etc.

--
- Charles Lepple