Re: gEDA-user: Heavy Symbols and such

Peter Clifton wrote:

> I have a vague memory of seeing an auto-increment refdes thing
> somewhere. If it doesn't exist (and I just made it up), would it be
> useful?
I think it would simply annoy me.  I have adopted the convention of
including the sheet number in the refdes, e.g.: C22 is a cap somewhere
on sheet 2.  Perhaps if I could plug in a script that ran on component
insert events, but no.... what should it do if I delete one?  Should it
try to fill in the hole with the next one?

I get a vision of gschem having an animated paper clip pop up and say:
"I see you are trying to rename a component instance... would you like
me to randomly scramble all your refdes attributes?".....

-dave