Re: gEDA-user: could not connect nets gschem/gsch2pcb/pcb

Klaus Rudolph <lts-rudolph@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Levente schrieb:
>
>>Klaus Rudolph <lts-rudolph@xxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>>Hi all,
>>>
>>>I have a terrible problem which I could not solve :-(
>>>
>>>I have a set of circuits drawn with gschem.
>>>I use gsch2pcb to make the netlist and use it in pcb
>>>
>>>I allways get the following message:
>>>WARNING: Trying to rename something twice:
>>>       PLUS5V and PLUS5V
>>>are both a src and dest name
>>>This warning is okay if you have multiple levels of hierarchy!
>>>
>>>As result my net PLUS5V is NOT connected to +5V and I could not route
>>>the circuit in pcb :-(
>>>
>>>Any hint to find the problem?
>>>

>>I guess you have one net with two names. Or you have one net with two same
>>power symbol attached to it.
>>

> I have three nets which use different names but should connected. This
> is Vcc because this is used in an avr symbol, then I use +5V from an
> other symbol (power) and then I have a net called PLUS5V. In one

That is the problem. Make your symbols netname free. One net should have just
one name. Otherwise your netlister just can't figure out what the real name of
your supply will be.

> schematic I use 3 times output-2.sym with the attatched net=PLUS5V:1,
> net=Vcc:1 and so on. And normaly I want simply that these nets will be
> connected and whithout a warning :-)

Yes, we all do. But there is a law goes with computer world: Computers are
working according to their software, and not according to our thoughts.

But don't panic, I don't want to let you down. Which AVR symbol are you using?
I have atmega8, and atmega16 off the shelf.

Grüsse,
--
Levente
http://web.interware.hu/lekovacs