Re: gEDA-user: could not connect nets gschem/gsch2pcb/pcb

>>I have three nets which use different names but should connected. This
>>is Vcc because this is used in an avr symbol, then I use +5V from an
>>other symbol (power) and then I have a net called PLUS5V. In one
>>

>That is the problem. Make your symbols netname free. One net should have just
>one name. Otherwise your netlister just can't figure out what the real name of
>your supply will be.

Having multiple netnames should not be a problem and work "sometimes".
Actually I worked arround that problem while
renaming one net to 4th name( PLUS_). The warning is still there, but
all nets are now connected. The job for the software is still simple:
collect all connections for all nets which are interconnected in one
list with one of the net names (simply the first name :-). Thats all and
this should not result in redesigning symbols. And yes, I have own
symbols which use net attributes to connect default nets to
sub-schematics. As I think, there is simply a bug inside the netlister?!

>>schematic I use 3 times output-2.sym with the attatched net=PLUS5V:1,
>>net=Vcc:1 and so on. And normaly I want simply that these nets will be
>>connected and whithout a warning :-)
>>

>Yes, we all do. But there is a law goes with computer world: Computers are
>working according to their software, and not according to our thoughts.
>
>But don't panic, I don't want to let you down. Which AVR symbol are you using?
>I have atmega8, and atmega16 off the shelf.

I use AT90S8515_DIP.sym which is  really a bit terrible, because it is
not possible to use another footprint like smd or plcc or something
else. This is the old discussion of using numbers, meaing a pin
sequence, not logical pins. If using logical pins, maybe with names like
PD0..PD7 and so on, we would be able to use all footprints with one
symbol.  I did this work for transostors for me, because I would not
change my circuit only while having an other package. But this is
another topic :-)

Regards,
 Klaus