Re: gEDA-user: Random thoughts on the future interface of PCB

>> If you switch to gEDA, will you want a native windows build?  Help with that
>> from anyone who is up on windows is on the wanted list.

I've been poking at 'the perfect windows version' for some time, will
give up on that for now.
I think I just make basic canvas and figure how to to get the basic
HID stuff going.

Is there any step by step guide to get a new HID up and running
(besides trolling the list here for the last few years with grep)?
One thing I don't recall be doing before is that I want to use
wxWindows, so it would have its
own main() loop.  Whats the best way to deal with that?

>        And getting installer up and running is probably another story.

Dan put together a NSIS based installer based on some of my work, it
has been part of the PCB distribution for years.
Only thing it really lacks is an icon.  Not sure it has been updated
to the latest version if NSIS but that should not be hard.
See the win32 subdirectory.

Unless I missed the change, direct printing under windows does not
work, and the library manager is broken under Windows due to the way
paths are handled.
Exporting to PostScript works now when using GhostView under Windows
to print that way.

--
http://blog.softwaresafety.net/
http://www.designer-iii.com/