Re: gEDA-user: WINDOWS BUILD WARNING (WAS: Re: Random thoughts on the future interface of PCB)

On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 23:10 +0900, timecop wrote:
> >> Maybe he tried installing it into some huge path and ended up trimming
> >> the entire var set or something...
>
> I think what could happen if im reading this warning correctly is that
> if he already HAD a lot of stuff in $PATH that was some huge number of
> chars, adding geda's stuff overflowed the limit and itr ended up
> trimming the entire path to just gEda.

Hmm, possible - he can't recall what the path was set at before, but
apparently various programs had added to it. In any case.. it is
obviously unacceptable that the installer would wipe the existing
contents!

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,