Re: gEDA-user: PCB footprint mapping

On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 10:02:48AM -0500, Phil Taylor wrote:

> Karel I agree that the s/n is an issue that geda/PCB faces.  It is a real
> issue.
>
> I do suppose though, that I would warm up to your comments about scrapping
> gedasymbols (which isn't even your work) if you had some other recommendation.
>
> What are you doing, besides your salvos of improvement suggestions, to better
> the symbol/footprint system for geda/pcb?

Drawing footprints. 2 days ago I drew DB9M connector footprint because the
existing one wasn't indicating boundaries of the component in silkscreen
line. On Ronja I have 13 footprints and one script to generate shielding
rim footprints of various lengths and I would upload them somewhere if
there was such a facility.

I am regularly uploading gEDA symbols which I create (20 symbols from
Ronja and probably some more from other projects) because there is a
place where to upload them.

CL<