Re: gEDA-user: Which are the biggest looking gEDA warts?

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 06:32:05PM -0600, John Griessen wrote:
> Ben Jackson wrote:
> [jg] This can be done with a bindkey sequence.. maybe..
> [jg]This can be changed by moving up and down layers and renaming them
> [jg]This can be dealt with in the lesstif HID, and soon in the GTK
> 	by defining keys to suit yourself.

There's a difference between usability and configurability.  Software
guys love to "solve" usability problems with configuration options.
Programs should have sane defaults.  Common operations should be easy
to do.  The GUI should help the user, not just make operations
"possible".  It's "possible" to make a PCB for a SOT23 breakout board
with an Xacto knife (ask me how I know!) but that doesn't make an
Xacto knife a gEDA suite!

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>