Re: gEDA-user: Which are the biggest looking gEDA warts?

Ben Jackson wrote:

Rats don't auto-optimize when you complete tracks.
[jg] This can be done with a bindkey sequence.. maybe..but it might require selection first. Might be quick to implement, (I mean for DJ, not me...heh).

The default layer stackup does not match the physical reality. I was very confused when I loaded a 4 layer board and I could see solder side lines between the component side lines and an inner plane!
[jg]This can be changed by moving up and down layers and renaming them and regrouping them, all with the layers GUIs

Too many keyboard operations require either taking your hand off the mouse or reaching across the keyboard -- important ones should be focussed on the left hand.
[jg]This can be dealt with in the lesstif HID, and soon in the GTK
	by defining keys to suit yourself.

Completed nets can easily be broken by moving lines when you wanted to drag corners.

	The PNG output is not smooth, and rendering large and scaling
	externally doesn't work because the lines are too thin.