Re: gEDA-user: Which are the biggest looking gEDA warts? REQUEST TRACKER

	Adding attributes requires too much mouse work (selecting,
	careful pointing to position the attribute, then you use
	both hands to type a net name, hand back to mouse, etc).

Use gattrib. That's what it's for.

One Gripe...
gattib:
	You can't use it like you expect from a spreadsheet. ie. <tab>
to move horizontally, <enter> to move vertically. with <shift>
where appropriate.

When you move cells, it steals focus and sets
your X paste buffer to whatever is in the cell, so you can't
middle-click to paste something you just highlighted from another
window. I use that to quickly copy footprint names.

Anyway, I agree. I've had it on my ToDo list for perhaps two years to make gattrib handle focus in a better way. Indeed, I have fiddled with this problem in the past, but wasn't able to fix the behavior.

The code which manages the spreadsheet is stolen/forked from
GtkExtras.  I admit that I still don't understand it 100%.   I need to
spend some quality time cleaning up my port and understanding exactly
how the GtkExtras widget works.  Perhaps another code sprint topic....

Stuart