Re: gEDA-user: Re: google checkout buttons to implement SW development bounties

Stephen Williams wrote:
al davis wrote:

An advantage of electronic payments is that they can be done
internationally with little fuss by credit card.

I can't see paying just anyone who comes along for enhancements to an active project.

Well, that's up to the client to decide, isn't it?

This is the point in the negotiations where splitting a job up into a couple or several smaller chunks might make it go, instead of stalling at the "Why should I trust you to deliver/Why should I trust you to pay?" stage. Creating the google checkout buttons or invoices to suit negotiations is easy for the seller/developer.

There are so many scammers who will sound so solid on the phone until you ask them to do something...like send a payment... I would make it part of my terms that a small amount of money moves and a small amount of work gets done, then larger and larger til done... Even if it all is in the "expensable petty cash" range of money for a bounty setting business.

John Griessen