Re: gEDA-user: make install doesn't work on OpenBSD

[snip]
> I think distributed tarballs should ship with whatever "weird" tools
> are necessary to build it.  Mere mortals shouldn't have to have
> autoconf and friends installed, nor intltool, nor gettext.  Isn't this
> how it already is???  I see that intltool-*.in are already in the
> tarball[s].

Agreed (about the tarballs not requiring anything beyond a sane
build environment, gtk+ and guile).   In other words, gEDA/gaf
should build under NetBSD/FreeBSD/Solaris or whatever, without
requiring GNU gettext.  Unfortunately, that is not the case for
v1.4.0 (where we accidentally added a dependency on GNU
gettext).

-Ales