Re: gEDA-user: make install doesn't work on OpenBSD

[snip]
> Apparently there are some issues. For example, the intltool scripts
> shipped require an XML parser module for perl.

Yuck.  That means you need perl to build as well?

> >From what I could gather, they also run-time depend on some runtime
> tools from gettext. OTOH, I wouldn't necessarily consider this to be
> such a bad dependency. All users building from source have gcc and other
> tools, why not gettext.

Because there are users out there who are not using gcc and do not have
the whole GNU suite installed.

What about this for a crazy idea:  What if we split out all the desktop and
such into a separate package/tarball that can have whatever dependencies
it wants?  That way people who want the desktop integration can install
this package and those that do not need/want it can just build
stock gEDA/gaf?

Also, did this GNU gettext dependency make it into PCB as well?

-Ales