Re: gEDA-user: gschem slotting bug

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 17:00 +0000, Peter Baxendale wrote:
> I've just built 1.4.0 and it does the same for me. This is built from
> the sources on the download page (1.4.0.20080127), not from git. Is
> there anything in my configuration that could cause this (hard to see
> what)?

I spent quite a long time banging my head against a PCB bug which I
thought I'd fixed (in a debian package installed in /usr/bin/), only to
find that I had a copy in /usr/local/bin/ which was getting run, and
still had the bug.

Can you check the output of:

"which gschem"

and ensure that this is picking up the version you intended. (Also,
Help->About lists version number etc..).

Please forgive me if this is stuff you've already verified, I'm just
going back to basics.

If you're picking up a 1.4.0 version, then we have an interesting
situation... "something" must be triggering the bug on your system, a
gafrc file, custom symbol..

One other thing to check:

ldd `which gschem` | grep libgeda

(Which verison / location of libgeda is being picked up... this one bit
me too recently!)

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,