Re: gEDA-user: New user - Hierarchy problem

I had put the "source=" attribute in the symbol for the underlying
schematic page. That was enough for the proper hierarchy operations except
for the drc and netlist generation. As per John's sample schematics, I
added a "source=" attribute on each of the instantiated symbols at the top
level and now everything is fine. Evidently the "source=" attribute
doesn't get promoted, if that is the right context and terminology, and
the drc and netlist operations need it to be at the top level. There
probably is a way to ensure that the attribute is promoted, that I'll have
to leave to another day. It is now working well enough for me to complete
this project.

Thanks to all who helped,
Steve