Re: gEDA-user: Interesting board defect

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 09:11:30PM +0100, Stefan Salewski wrote:
> Am Montag, den 16.02.2009, 18:53 +0000 schrieb Kai-Martin Knaak:
> >
> > Some remarks:
> >
> > * 4 Layers will take 12 working days minimum, plus what ever it takes for
> > fedex to ship from china. If you don't register for "open account"
> > payment needs to be confirmed before production time begins.
> >

> Yes, boards from china will take some time.
>
> > * Shipping and customs and EUSt have to be added on top of the quoted
> > price.
> >

> Yes, but total costs are still not bad. If I remember correctly: Four
> boards, 4 layer, each 26cm * 32cm will give total something about 1000
> Dollar. The only company which I aware of here in Germany which is not
> much more expensive is http://www.microcirtec.de
> Large quantities are really cheap at pcbcart, so I think it is a good
> idea to try them.
>
> > * There is a maximum number of holes. (300 for my 100x100mm test case)
> >

> I think this is no problem, most people use at least some SMD.

Hmm, my last board was almost exclusively SMD and I ended up with
450 holes on a 100x160mm which was not even dense, granted that
the 35 connectors are through-hole (117 holes total), but when you
need four layers, you typically end up with quite a lot of holes
to the power planes and quite a few for routing too.

	Gabriel