Re: gEDA-user: GL pcb bugs and a question re the log/library window, gerber outline output

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 09:32 +0100, Denis Grelich wrote:
> Hello, thanks for looking into it! I'll try the newest git head later
> today. Please note that I have constructed some tast cases too and
> attached them to the bug tickets.

Btw.. how did the "fullpoly" flag get set on some polygons in your
design? That flag breaks connectivity checking, and makes the PCB+GL
branch hit slow rendering paths. (Could speed it up, just haven't yet).

There is a GUI option "Settings->New polygons are full ones", but it
doesn't seem to be hooked up - certainly not on the PCB+GL build, and I
don't remember disabling it.

I've attached a small example of how the connectivity scanning is broken
with "fullpoly". Press "f" to highlight connections from each via in
turn, and see the damage. Also, note that PCB ignores the resurrected
piece of the polygon in many cases, such as pressing "f" on it.

The code I was writing to allow full polygon pours is intended to allow
the equivalent of "fullpoly" whilst allowing proper connectivity
scanning. You'd just have to switch off island removal, and you get the
same behaviour.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton