Re: gEDA-user: why separate xgsch2pcb?

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 22:47:11 -0500
DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > 1.  None of my custom footprints are being pulled into the layout.
>
> Do you have the search path set in pcb?  The old way used gafrc, the
> new way uses pcb's own search path.

You mean in the "Library" section of the preferences?  Mine contains just the
single entry I put there, "/home/vanessa/Footprints"  (which is actually a
symlink into my gedasymbols.org repository, for readability). My footprints
show up in the Library window as "Footprints/Custom", along with the usual
sections for "newlib", "pcblib", and "pcblib-newlib".

> > 2. Some pins on PCB's stock footprints are being renamed without
> > corresponding changes being made to the netlist. For example footprint
> > ACY100 starts out with pins numbered 1 and 2 in both footprint and
> > netlist, but ends up with the pins on the footprint being named "+" and
> > "-", respectively, breaking the connections in the netlist.
>
> Hmm... we've always renamed the pins, did this break before?

Actually, let's set this point aside for now - on closer inspection, it looks
like I called it wrong.  The errors look like they're all related to the
footprints that are getting lost.

--
"There are some things in life worth obsessing over.  Most
things aren't, and when you learn that, life improves."