Re: gEDA-user: WARNING: Symbol version mismatch

Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:

> Sure, the attribute has been around for quite some time. That's why I
> put in such an attribute in one of my symbols in the first place. But
> I don't recall any consequences since recently.

This may be just due to me not using the symversion attribute in most of
my symbols. Actually, the master attribute list discourages the symversion
attribute in local symbols.

Cite master attribute list:
/-------------------
The symversion= attribute is used to version the contents of symbols.
Normally this attribute is not present, but once a symbol has been
accepted into the main gEDA symbol library and there are changes to
it, this attribute must be placed into the symbol file and properly
incremented.

Why is this so? Is there any potential problem with symversion in
symbols not from the default library?

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak