Re: gEDA-user: cannot see older schematics content with gschem 20041228 (Mac OS X)

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 19:08:34 -0500, Charles Lepple <clepple@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 19:04:45 -0500, Ales Hvezda <ahvezda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >         I haven't seen any of these bugs.   I didn't change any redraw
> > code from 20040111 to 20041228.
> >
> > Mike, I'm curious what version of gtk+ did you use for 20040111?  Did it
> > change when you built 20041228?  There might be some sort of subtle bug
> > in gschem which has been masked all these years.
>
> I'm not sure which version Mikey used, but the version I built used
> 1.2.x (where x>10, but I don't recall exactly). I think we both
> started from very similar .info files.
>
> I can try rebuilding 20040111 with exactly the same version of gtk+ as
> was used for 20041228, though.

So much for the simple solutions. I rebuilt 20040111 using gtk+1.2.10,
and it worked fine. So it does not appear that a gtk+ upgrade broke
the new release.

I'll try building 20041228 with gtk+2 and see if that works any better.

--
- Charles Lepple