Re: gEDA-user: My trolling, gerbv, gattrib

On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 18:07 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
> Hi Stuart,

Note to self.. change sender address next time. (Peter waits the hole in
the ground to open up for him to crawl into).

Hopefully none of this is offencive to anyone involved. Perhaps it shows
I'm less optimistic of the "ideal" solution than I admitted to on the
goals.

> Sorry for the thread of flames I managed to start. Yes, he did make some
> bad comments about gschem to start with, and I called him on it (rather
> then let him spread FUD, I wanted to know what he found a problem). This
> lets others judge whether he had a point or not.
>
> Yes, I suspect he wants things which are unrealistic (a full commercial
> grade integration with whatever simulator he happens to be running. Come
> to think of it, I've not seen such integration even in commercial
> packages).
>
> I did have to resist the temptation to tell him this was all
> impossible / unrealistic.

(Caveat) "At the moment". IE. We might be able to integrate with a
_particular_ simulator at some point, but we don't have the resources to
enumerate / integrate with the attribute expected by any given simulator
without some work on the part of that simulator's user.

[snip uncontroversial stuff]

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,