Re: gEDA-user: gEDA/gaf stable version 1.4.0-20080127 released!

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 15:24 +0100, Alberto Maccioni wrote:
> This is for sure a very stupid question, but how do I change language in gschem?

If the translation is available in your current LOCALE, then it will be
used.

We have:

af_ZA.po  en_GB.po  fr_FR.po  ja_JP.po  pt_BR.po
de_DE.po  es_ES.po  it_IT.po  nl_NL.po  ru.po

Although only these have been updated recently:

af_ZA.po  en_GB.po
de_DE.po  es_ES.po            nl_NL.po

(Others may not work so well, as they will be out of date).

For example, I have the environment variable:

LANG=en_GB.UTF-8

You could also set LC_ALL (and perhaps some others I don't recall).

If the translation you want isn't available, or isn't complete, we'll
always welcome new translators. You can do this either by checking out
our sources, and starting from the ".pot" translation templates, or can
have a go on-line at https://translations.launchpad.net/geda/

You will need a launchpad account to work with the translations online,
but may be able to download the .pot file from there, work offline, then
send it to us.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton